Starbucks launches pitch for CRM activity
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 October 2011 10:35AM
Starbucks is looking for an agency to handle its customer relationship marketing account in the UK.
The coffee shop chain has sent RFIs directly to agencies ahead of a pitch as it looks to ramp up its CRM activity. The brief includes work on the Starbucks Card loyalty scheme.
It is understood that Starbucks has not previously worked with an agency dedicated to handling its UK CRM account. However, in 2009, the coffee chain appointed DraftFCB to handle work around its loyalty card in the US as it battled to retain market share.
The pitch comes as Starbucks faces increased competition from rivals such as Costa Coffee and Caffè Nero, which have their own loyalty schemes.
In January, Starbucks signed up to Facebook Deals in the UK to give away 30,000 cups of coffee. The chain gave a free cup of coffee to anyone who checked in at one of its shops using the Facebook Places mobile phone app.
Starbucks was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London
- Brand/Innovation Marketers Needed Ball & Hoolahan Competitive Salary package, Derbyshire / Leicestershire / Lincolnshire / Northamptonshire / Nottinghamshire
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £54,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account