Starbucks launches pitch for CRM activity
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 October 2011 10:35AM
Starbucks is looking for an agency to handle its customer relationship marketing account in the UK.
The coffee shop chain has sent RFIs directly to agencies ahead of a pitch as it looks to ramp up its CRM activity. The brief includes work on the Starbucks Card loyalty scheme.
It is understood that Starbucks has not previously worked with an agency dedicated to handling its UK CRM account. However, in 2009, the coffee chain appointed DraftFCB to handle work around its loyalty card in the US as it battled to retain market share.
The pitch comes as Starbucks faces increased competition from rivals such as Costa Coffee and Caffè Nero, which have their own loyalty schemes.
In January, Starbucks signed up to Facebook Deals in the UK to give away 30,000 cups of coffee. The chain gave a free cup of coffee to anyone who checked in at one of its shops using the Facebook Places mobile phone app.
Starbucks was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London