Carat Manchester nets Hillarys Blinds
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 October 2011 10:55AM
Hillarys Blinds, the made-to-measure blinds specialist, has appointed Carat Manchester to its £9 million media planning and buying account.
Carat Manchester won the business from the incumbent, MediaCom, which has worked with Hillarys Blinds since 2006.
The agency will oversee media across the company's main brand as well as Web-blinds, an online operation launched in 2000. It will also work on its business-to-business channel, Arena, which sells made-to-measure blinds to other manufacturers.
Hillarys Blinds allocates the bulk of its media spend to TV and door-drops, according to Nielsen. The remainder is split between direct mail, internet, press and radio activity.
The brand launched its first non-direct TV response campaign last year in a bid to reach a wider audience. The ad was created by the integrated agency Uber, which is unaffected by the media review.
Carat Manchester declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Project Managers and Campaign Project Managers £25,000- £70,0000 Nakama Between £25,000 and £70,000 depending on role, London
- Marketing Manager - South West Stopgap £39000 - £47000 per annum, South West England
- Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director Gemini Search £170 - £250 per day, City of London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity