Carat Manchester nets Hillarys Blinds
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 October 2011 10:55AM
Hillarys Blinds, the made-to-measure blinds specialist, has appointed Carat Manchester to its £9 million media planning and buying account.
Carat Manchester won the business from the incumbent, MediaCom, which has worked with Hillarys Blinds since 2006.
The agency will oversee media across the company's main brand as well as Web-blinds, an online operation launched in 2000. It will also work on its business-to-business channel, Arena, which sells made-to-measure blinds to other manufacturers.
Hillarys Blinds allocates the bulk of its media spend to TV and door-drops, according to Nielsen. The remainder is split between direct mail, internet, press and radio activity.
The brand launched its first non-direct TV response campaign last year in a bid to reach a wider audience. The ad was created by the integrated agency Uber, which is unaffected by the media review.
Carat Manchester declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Performance Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Social Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London
- Marketing Manager fishtank £35000 - £45000 per annum, Bristol
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers