Golley Slater picks 'The Den' moniker
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 October 2011 11:25AM
Golley Slater, the independent full-service agency, has rebranded its London digital arm as The Den after scouting for a name online.
The moniker was chosen by Golley Slater's creative directors, Marcus Iles and Jason Fletcher, and the pop star Lily Allen, from a shortlist of five. The agency said 1,500 people had submitted suggestions.
Other names on the shortlist were Starling Wit, Puck, The Burrow and Ant. The online name search was marketed to creatives via PR and social media after being launched at the D&AD New Blood exhibition.
The agency, which has a client portfolio including the Army, TK Maxx and Twinings, was founded 52 years ago. It opened a London office in 2003 and offers advertising, marketing, digital and PR services.
John Kinder, the agency's managing director, said: "Crowdsourcing is trending at the moment and clients are interested in it. As an agency, clients expect you to be brave and to stand out."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Content Specialist Harvey Nash £30000 - £35000 per annum + Package, Lichfield
- Brand Guardian/Artwork Manager Network Career Consultants £26000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive - 6 month contract Brand Recruitment £25000 per annum + plus benefits , Colchester
- Digital Project Manager PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency