Agencies line up for £4m Go Ahead brief
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 13 October 2011 08:00AM
Go Ahead Group, the train operating company, is holding a review of the £4 million advertising account for its Southern Railway and Gatwick Express services.
The company issued a formal tender this week ahead of a statutory review of the business. The tender covers advertising, PR, eCRM, digital and direct marketing activity for both brands. Media planning and buying is not affected.
Agencies have until mid-November to submit their requests to participate in the review, with the successful agency winning a three-year contract with the company.
VCCP is currently the incumbent on both the Southern and Gatwick Express advertising accounts. The agency won the Southern business in August 2009 and has since created a TV campaign featuring a fictional Mexican wrestler called Loco Toledo, who makes it his mission to explore some of the destinations that Southern trains stop at.
Southern currently manages 157 stations across the South of England, including Brighton, Eastbourne and East Croydon.
Gatwick Express awarded VCCP its £2 million advertising account in February last year after a four-way pitch. Soon after the appointment, the agency launched a print campaign that highlighted the frequency of the Gatwick Express service, as well as the speed that it transports passengers between London and Gatwick Airport.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account