RKCR/Y&R scoops £10m digital radio ad task
The radio industry is to launch a £10 million ad campaign to promote all forms of digital radio as part of a strategic shift away from focusing its marketing on the DAB format.
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, a BBC roster agency, will take a lead role on the campaign.
It is understood that the initial campaign will seek to raise awareness of the benefits of digital radio and is part of a co-ordinated initiative from the BBC, the commercial radio industry and the digital radio marketing body, Digital Radio UK.
The campaign will start at the beginning of December and is expected to span TV, radio, newspapers, magazines and online.
There has been heated debate over whether the radio industry will be ready to switch over to digital by 2015, but this week, the Culture Minister, Ed Vaizey, said the deadline "still has an important purpose".
Rajar figures for the second quarter of 2011 show that 26.9 per cent of all radio listening is through a digital platform.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - various accounts - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Branding Agency - CONTRACT & PERM Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+generous benefits & bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager / Account Manager - BRANDING & STRAGEGY Royds Raphael £38k-£45k+neg, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - ACCOUNT MANAGER Royds Raphael £35K+ & generous benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £37000 per annum, City of London
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts