My YouTube ad of the week: David Prideaux, Publicis Chemistry
Campaign YouTube, Wednesday, 19 October 2011 04:22PM
David Prideaux reviews Chipotle
David Prideaux, executive creative director, Publicis ChemistryWhy I like this
CGI animation shows a farmer deciding to tear down his factory farm and go back to a more natural, free-range approach. The animation style is appropriately child-like, both humans and animals are suitably cute and the film builds logically to its call to action that urges us to help "cultivate a better world".What lifts it is the music. Willie Nelson (one of the founders of Farm Aid) is singing a Coldplay track, but his cracked old voice contrasts so dramatically with the naïve animation that it gives the film an unexpected resonance. And because it's on YouTube, we get to listen to the whole song and can download it. Not to mention that, in two clicks, I can learn that Chipotle has also started its own foundation for sustainable food.
Wish I'd thought of
This, when we were working late on a pitch a fortnight ago. Rupert Dixon, our head of design, suggested Chipotle instead of the usual Baker Street suspects, but we turned them down in favour of burger and chips. If I'd known we had the chance to join a movement with Willie, I would've been there like a shot.
This article was first published on Campaign YouTube
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands
- Analytics Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Liverpool