campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 November 2011 08:00AM
It's crunch time on the Merck and Virgin Media advertising pitches, while the Carnival Cruises review is also making progress. Meanwhile OMD has pulled out of two media reviews.
Agencies shortlisted for the £28 million Gocompare.com media review include the incumbent, MEC, UM London, Carat and Starcom. OMD UK, which was also shortlisted, is believed to have withdrawn from the proceedings. And this might prove to be a pattern with OMD. Santander had shortlisted the incumbent, Carat, and OMD to pitch for its £27 million media account but word on the street suggests that OMD has pulled out, leaving just the incumbent to thrash out terms.
Three agencies have now been shortlisted for the AS Watson/Superdrug media review covering the UK, Belgium and the Netherlands. The incumbents, ZenithOptimedia and Mindshare, will face off against Initiative.
Merck, the healthcare brand, has cut the shortlist for its global advertising review down to two. Deutsch and Saatchi & Saatchi have been eliminated from the running, leaving Publicis and Grey to battle it out for the $50 million account.
With a mystery trip to Richard Branson's house in Oxfordshire and several creative and strategic tissue meetings out of the way, the agencies vying for Virgin Media's £36 million booty are now gearing up for the big one. The final pitch takes place on 9 November and, as Virgin Media needs an agency to be in place for early next year, the decision is expected to be fairly swift.
Shops lining up for Carnival Cruises will receive an all-agency briefing on Friday. The promise of a pre-Christmas trip to Miami for the pitch is an extra incentive.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014