M&S debuts X Factor Christmas ad
Marks & Spencer has launched its Christmas TV ad, starring the finalists from this year's 'X Factor', with a promoted tweet to alert people to its premiere.
The ad features people unwrapping Christmas gifts from M&S, interspersed with shots of 'The X Factor' contestants singing 'When You Wish Upon A Star'.
Sixteen contestants appear, including Craig Colton and Misha Bryan, who closes the ad.
Walker Media placed a 60-second version of the film in yesterday's 'X Factor' results show.
Yesterday the retailer ran a promoted tweet on Twitter, which said: "Guess who will be in our Christmas ad this year? Find out during tonight's #MandSAdvert."
The ad was created by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R's executive creative director Mark Roalfe, copywriter Pip Bishop and art director Chris Hodgkiss. The director was Toby MacDonald.
The scenes and products featured will change over the course of the campaign.
Steve Sharp, M&S executive director marketing, said: "Our TV campaigns have become almost legendary – and for many customers mark the start of Christmas.
"This year we wanted to surprise them with something really special and I think we've delivered."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Broadcast Planning/Buying Account Manager Lipton Fleming £35000.00 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital, Web & Marketing Analyst Lipton Fleming £40000.00 per annum, London
- Agency Creative Freelance Recruiter - Blue Skies Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Commision Scheme & Benefits , Richmond upon Thames
- Lead User Interface Developer Source £40000 - £45000 per annum, London