GLA calls Olympics ad pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 November 2011 08:00AM
The Greater London Authority is holding a pitch ahead of appointing an agency to raise awareness and engage the population in events that are planned to coincide with the London 2012 Olympic Games.
A brief for the activity has been issued by the GLA through COI. It follows an invitation from the body last month to digital agencies to create an online hub that will offer information to the public ahead of the Games.
The integrated advertising business now up for pitch involves a through-the-line campaign, including print, poster and outdoor work, to direct people to the planned Olympics online hub.
Advertising will also promote a planned programme of events, organised by the London Mayor, Boris Johnson, to run throughout 2012, as well as raise awareness of the benefits that the Games are providing to Londoners.
The online hub, which will be designed to give Londoners access to information about the Mayor’s events, will also include Transport for London travel information, with the Journey Planner service integrated into the content offering.
The GLA is the top-tier administrative body for Greater London and is headed by Johnson. The authority was established in 2000.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Periscope Recruitment LLP £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Business Development Director Major Players £55000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus and benefits , City of London
- Head of SEO & Content Marketing - Cheshire ASG £30,000 - £40,000 , Cheshire/ Merseyside
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%