campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 11 November 2011 12:00AM
The Guardian News & Media advertising pitch, which involves handling an important project for the company, is reaching the final stages.
Critical presentations to David Pemsel, the strategic consultant overseeing the process, took place this week. But it will be crunch-time next week for the competing agencies (Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R and Wieden & Kennedy, which is the incumbent on the main ad account) when they present to the newspaper's editor, Alan Rusbridger.
Tension is building at Karmarama and Krow as the agencies focus their efforts on the closing stages of the mammoth £80 million DFS advertising pitch. Final meetings take place on Monday, with the result expected shortly afterwards.
The pitchlist for Royal Caribbean International's review of its £6 million UK advertising account is out. Cruising into the next round are JWT, Isobel, The Red Brick Road, VCCP and CHI & Partners.
News that McLaren Automotive is pitching its ad account has got every agency in town scrambling to get on the list. Eight shops have now been shortlisted, and will be holding chemistry meetings with the car manufacturer later this month. Oystercatchers is handling the process.
The Jackpotjoy ad pitch has thrown up an intriguing longlist. M&C Saatchi, Albion, Creature London, Johnny Fearless, Isobel, Dentsu and DraftFCB will have chemistry meetings with the brand, with three shops going through to pitch. Oystercatchers is overseeing that one too.
After a couple of months' delay, the E.ON DM pitch is finally under way. The first round of meetings took place this week, as the company looks to consolidate its DM activity into a single shop.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Project Manager Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, City of London
- Customer and Market Insight Officer Better Placed Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + Very competitive benefits package, Guildford
- Print Buyer - Print Purchasing - High Street Brand - £25-27k Salt £25000 - £27000 per annum, London
- Qualitative Researchers Lipton Fleming £20000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits, London