Clinton Cards returns to TV for celebrity cards push
Clinton Cards is launching its first TV ad in seven years, which features people receiving video greetings cards from celebrities such as David Hasselhoff.
The ad has been created by HMDG, which was appointed to handle the campaign following a competitive pitch.
Breaking on Monday, the ad shows people receiving personalised birthday video message on their mobile from their favourite celebrities including David Hasselhoff, The Saturdays, Alesha Dixon and Jay Sean.
The Celebrity Fastcard range, which can be sent via email or to mobile phones, includes more than 230 celebrity greetings for key occasions, such as birthdays, anniversaries and Christmas.
Clintons has not invested in TV advertising since 2004.
Simon Cenamor, Raymond Chan and Paul Shearer created the spot, which was produced by Hungryman and directed by James Gooding.
Tim Fairs, marketing director at Clintons, said: "Celebrity Fastcard takes us another step forward in our commitment to place product innovation at the very heart of our offering.
"The combination of HMDG's creative edge and digital insight has been key in developing this cut through advertising campaign for the launch of our celebrity video cards."
Paul Shearer, creative partner at HMDG, said: "Clintons are revolutionising the greeting cards market by taking one of the most traditional customs and bringing it in to the 21st century.
"Our work builds on the joy people get when they not only receive a message from their loved ones, but from the celebrities they love too. The way we have captured the real life moments is classic."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business Development Director - Design Branding and Integrated - London Spectrum £70,000 - £90,000, London
- Middleweight Graphic Designer become £28-35K, Central London
- Account Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + benefits, London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London