Schweppes calls ad review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 November 2011 08:00AM
Schweppes, the Coca-Cola-owned soft drinks and mixer brand, is talking to agencies about its £4 million advertising account.
Mother, a Coca-Cola roster agency, last created work for the brand more than a year ago.
Schweppes has contacted agencies and is briefing shops this week with a view to holding a pitch for the business before Christmas.
Mother was appointed by Schweppes in 2005, six years after Coca-Cola acquired the company, to work on a "rebirth" of the brand.
The brand’s last major ad campaign launched in summer 2010 and featured a suburban middle-class family. In the tongue-in-cheek spots, the fortysomething couple deals with extraordinary events in a casual, offhand manner.
In the first execution, their daughter brings a leopard home to keep as a pet. In a later ad, the family experiences an alien invasion.
The campaign ran alongside the brand’s multimillion-pound collaboration with Diageo, called "Together for a Better Summer". The activity promoted mixing Diageo products such as Pimm’s, Smirnoff and Gordon’s gin with Schweppes tonic, Schweppes lemonade and Coca-Cola.
Schweppes brands include Abbey Well water, as well as its main brand mixers, lemonade and cordial variants.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Digital Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Principle Consultant - Marketing Mix Modelling Lipton Fleming £45000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Analyst - Global Digital Agency Lipton Fleming £45000 per annum, London