Schweppes calls ad review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 November 2011 08:00AM
Schweppes, the Coca-Cola-owned soft drinks and mixer brand, is talking to agencies about its £4 million advertising account.
Mother, a Coca-Cola roster agency, last created work for the brand more than a year ago.
Schweppes has contacted agencies and is briefing shops this week with a view to holding a pitch for the business before Christmas.
Mother was appointed by Schweppes in 2005, six years after Coca-Cola acquired the company, to work on a "rebirth" of the brand.
The brand’s last major ad campaign launched in summer 2010 and featured a suburban middle-class family. In the tongue-in-cheek spots, the fortysomething couple deals with extraordinary events in a casual, offhand manner.
In the first execution, their daughter brings a leopard home to keep as a pet. In a later ad, the family experiences an alien invasion.
The campaign ran alongside the brand’s multimillion-pound collaboration with Diageo, called "Together for a Better Summer". The activity promoted mixing Diageo products such as Pimm’s, Smirnoff and Gordon’s gin with Schweppes tonic, Schweppes lemonade and Coca-Cola.
Schweppes brands include Abbey Well water, as well as its main brand mixers, lemonade and cordial variants.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - various accounts - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Branding Agency - CONTRACT & PERM Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+generous benefits & bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager / Account Manager - BRANDING & STRAGEGY Royds Raphael £38k-£45k+neg, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - ACCOUNT MANAGER Royds Raphael £35K+ & generous benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £37000 per annum, City of London
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts