Carat set to retain Santander media
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 November 2011 10:40AM
Santander is set to reappoint Carat as the agency on its £27 million UK media planning and buying business.
The Aegis-owned agency is understood to be discussing the details of a new contract after a review process that saw rival agencies drop out of the contest against Carat.
It appeared that OMD would pitch against Carat in the final round but the agency withdrew from the process.
It is understood that as part of the process, agencies were asked to participate in a closed online auction.
Keith Moor, Santander's director of brand and communications, handled the process. Santander last held a review in 2008 after Santander merged Abbey, Alliance & Leicester and Bradford & Bingley.
Last year, the company conducted a statutory review of its ad account, which had been held by Engine. After a pitch process that included Grey and Leo Burnett, the business stayed with the incumbent.
Santander said that the review is ongoing.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Account Manager Â– Cracking B2C Brands ADLIB £30k - £40k, Bristol
- Senior Marketing Manager - Acquistion Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, London
- Global Senior Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Designer become £33K, Central London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency