ZenithOptimedia lands £50m RBS retail media account
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 November 2011 05:46PM
ZenithOptimedia has won the £50 million media planning and buying account for RBS' retail banking division unseating the incumbent MediaCom.
Despite losing the NatWest and RBS retail bank business, MediaCom will still work on group communications, including sponsorship and corporate banking for the RBS Group. It also retains media duties for insurance brands Churchill, Privilege and Direct Line.
The banking giant launched a media review in June and invited the incumbent, ZenithOptimedia, Manning Gottlieb OMD and Vizeum to pitch for the account.
The loss of the account will be a blow to MediaCom, which was awarded the consolidated RBS media account in 2000 after a six-month pitch process, and, in 2006, extended its relationship by adding responsibilities for online planning and buying.
The creative account for RBS is split between M&C Saatchi, which handles the retail business, and CHI & Partners, which is tasked with its in-branch creative work. M&C Saatchi also looks after the RBS Corporate business. The creative account is unaffected by the review.
MediaCom recently lost its chief operating officer Steve Bignell who is departing to take up the position of sales director at ITV. Bignell is understood to have been involved in the early stages of MediaCom's pitch process.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Marketing Services Manager, Leisure Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'