ZenithOptimedia lands £50m RBS retail media account
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 November 2011 05:46PM
ZenithOptimedia has won the £50 million media planning and buying account for RBS' retail banking division unseating the incumbent MediaCom.
Despite losing the NatWest and RBS retail bank business, MediaCom will still work on group communications, including sponsorship and corporate banking for the RBS Group. It also retains media duties for insurance brands Churchill, Privilege and Direct Line.
The banking giant launched a media review in June and invited the incumbent, ZenithOptimedia, Manning Gottlieb OMD and Vizeum to pitch for the account.
The loss of the account will be a blow to MediaCom, which was awarded the consolidated RBS media account in 2000 after a six-month pitch process, and, in 2006, extended its relationship by adding responsibilities for online planning and buying.
The creative account for RBS is split between M&C Saatchi, which handles the retail business, and CHI & Partners, which is tasked with its in-branch creative work. M&C Saatchi also looks after the RBS Corporate business. The creative account is unaffected by the review.
MediaCom recently lost its chief operating officer Steve Bignell who is departing to take up the position of sales director at ITV. Bignell is understood to have been involved in the early stages of MediaCom's pitch process.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014