Macy's gets Bieber fever for Black Friday campaign
Justin Bieber has been snapped up by American department store Macy's for a new ad promoting the "Black Friday" flash sale.
The ad, created by JWT New York, is called "screamers" and shows Bieber on his journey to the Macy's sale. Each person he encounters, from his driver to the shop's staff, scream at him in the manner of his teenage fans.
The ad is being showcased in a YouTube homepage takeover today (22 November) before breaking on TV in the US tonight.
The campaign promotes Macy's day-long sale on 25 November. The so-called "Black Friday" sales occur after Thanksgiving on the last Friday of November, marking the kick-off to the Christmas shopping period.
Bieber has a perfume range sold exclusively in Macy's, called Someday, which the department store is selling on promotion. For every Someday gift set bought, Macy's will donate $2 to the Make A Wish foundation.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex
- Designer - Stunning Agency - Central London - c£40k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k, Central London