Macy's gets Bieber fever for Black Friday campaign
Justin Bieber has been snapped up by American department store Macy's for a new ad promoting the "Black Friday" flash sale.
The ad, created by JWT New York, is called "screamers" and shows Bieber on his journey to the Macy's sale. Each person he encounters, from his driver to the shop's staff, scream at him in the manner of his teenage fans.
The ad is being showcased in a YouTube homepage takeover today (22 November) before breaking on TV in the US tonight.
The campaign promotes Macy's day-long sale on 25 November. The so-called "Black Friday" sales occur after Thanksgiving on the last Friday of November, marking the kick-off to the Christmas shopping period.
Bieber has a perfume range sold exclusively in Macy's, called Someday, which the department store is selling on promotion. For every Someday gift set bought, Macy's will donate $2 to the Make A Wish foundation.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency