Macy's gets Bieber fever for Black Friday campaign
Justin Bieber has been snapped up by American department store Macy's for a new ad promoting the "Black Friday" flash sale.
The ad, created by JWT New York, is called "screamers" and shows Bieber on his journey to the Macy's sale. Each person he encounters, from his driver to the shop's staff, scream at him in the manner of his teenage fans.
The ad is being showcased in a YouTube homepage takeover today (22 November) before breaking on TV in the US tonight.
The campaign promotes Macy's day-long sale on 25 November. The so-called "Black Friday" sales occur after Thanksgiving on the last Friday of November, marking the kick-off to the Christmas shopping period.
Bieber has a perfume range sold exclusively in Macy's, called Someday, which the department store is selling on promotion. For every Someday gift set bought, Macy's will donate $2 to the Make A Wish foundation.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Planners Stopgap £40000 - £65000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planner Bray Leino Competitive, Bristol, City of Bristol
- Art Director createselect Up to £40K pa, depending on experience, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- DM Account / Senior Manager Â– Not for profit / Charity sector ADLIB £Dependent on experience , South West England / Gloucestershire
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account