Macy's gets Bieber fever for Black Friday campaign
Justin Bieber has been snapped up by American department store Macy's for a new ad promoting the "Black Friday" flash sale.
The ad, created by JWT New York, is called "screamers" and shows Bieber on his journey to the Macy's sale. Each person he encounters, from his driver to the shop's staff, scream at him in the manner of his teenage fans.
The ad is being showcased in a YouTube homepage takeover today (22 November) before breaking on TV in the US tonight.
The campaign promotes Macy's day-long sale on 25 November. The so-called "Black Friday" sales occur after Thanksgiving on the last Friday of November, marking the kick-off to the Christmas shopping period.
Bieber has a perfume range sold exclusively in Macy's, called Someday, which the department store is selling on promotion. For every Someday gift set bought, Macy's will donate $2 to the Make A Wish foundation.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires