Macmillan Cancer Support calls £10m ad pitch
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 November 2011 08:00AM
Macmillan Cancer Support has called a review of its £10 million advertising account.
The charity has appointed Oystercatchers to oversee a pitch process.
Last year, Macmillan spent more than £10 million on advertising, with the bulk spent on TV, press and direct response work.
For the past three years, Arthur, the agency launched by the former Joshua managing director Nick Spindler, has created the majority of Macmillan’s advertising.
The integrated agency won the business in April 2008, and has since created a number of brand campaigns to help raise awareness of the charity’s work.
Most recently, Arthur created a TV ad featuring five cancer patients who talked about how Macmillan has helped them. The 60-second spot ran in August and September, and was supported by national print ads and door-drops.
Arthur has also been responsible for devising Macmillan’s long-running "good day, bad day" positioning, which highlights how important the "good days" are for people living with cancer.
A campaign launched to support the positioning won gold awards for best brand-building and best integration at last year’s DMA Awards.
Hilary Cross, the director of external affairs at Macmillan, said: "At Macmillan, we have recently reviewed our corporate strategy and have an enormous ambition to reach and improve the lives of everyone affected by cancer and inspire millions of people to do the same. We feel it is the right time to explore new agencies and what they could offer Macmillan."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- PPC Account Manger - Big budget client!!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Project Manager - Freelance and Perm Contracts The Industry Club London Ltd Various, London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London