Macmillan Cancer Support calls £10m ad pitch
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 November 2011 08:00AM
Macmillan Cancer Support has called a review of its £10 million advertising account.
The charity has appointed Oystercatchers to oversee a pitch process.
Last year, Macmillan spent more than £10 million on advertising, with the bulk spent on TV, press and direct response work.
For the past three years, Arthur, the agency launched by the former Joshua managing director Nick Spindler, has created the majority of Macmillan’s advertising.
The integrated agency won the business in April 2008, and has since created a number of brand campaigns to help raise awareness of the charity’s work.
Most recently, Arthur created a TV ad featuring five cancer patients who talked about how Macmillan has helped them. The 60-second spot ran in August and September, and was supported by national print ads and door-drops.
Arthur has also been responsible for devising Macmillan’s long-running "good day, bad day" positioning, which highlights how important the "good days" are for people living with cancer.
A campaign launched to support the positioning won gold awards for best brand-building and best integration at last year’s DMA Awards.
Hilary Cross, the director of external affairs at Macmillan, said: "At Macmillan, we have recently reviewed our corporate strategy and have an enormous ambition to reach and improve the lives of everyone affected by cancer and inspire millions of people to do the same. We feel it is the right time to explore new agencies and what they could offer Macmillan."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Digital Account Director - luxury (approx. 3 months) Stopgap £210 - £230 per day, London
- Marketing Manager Salt £30000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Freelance Motion Graphic Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?