Yoplait awards £8.4m account to UM London
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 November 2011 11:10AM
UM London has won the £8.4 million media account for the dairy brand Yoplait.
The account moves from John Ayling & Associates and follows the acquisition of a significant stake in Yoplait, and its worldwide brands, by the UM London client General Mills. The company was previously wholly owned by the French dairy co-operative Sodiaal and PAI Partners.
Yoplait produces brands including Petits Filous, Frubes and Perle de Lait.
In May, UM London retained its nine-year hold on the £15 million UK media planning and buying account for General Mills after a pan-European pitch run by Ebiquity. Other shops in the process included MEC, Vizeum and ZenithOptimedia.
Saatchi & Saatchi handles the creative business for General Mills in the UK. Last year, TBWA\London parted company with the General Mills-owned Häagen-Dazs after an eight-year relationship. The account moved to Saatchis.
Andy Jones, the chief executive of UM London, said: "We look forward to working with Yoplait UK and applying our extensive experience in the FMCG sector."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency