Yoplait awards £8.4m account to UM London
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 November 2011 11:10AM
UM London has won the £8.4 million media account for the dairy brand Yoplait.
The account moves from John Ayling & Associates and follows the acquisition of a significant stake in Yoplait, and its worldwide brands, by the UM London client General Mills. The company was previously wholly owned by the French dairy co-operative Sodiaal and PAI Partners.
Yoplait produces brands including Petits Filous, Frubes and Perle de Lait.
In May, UM London retained its nine-year hold on the £15 million UK media planning and buying account for General Mills after a pan-European pitch run by Ebiquity. Other shops in the process included MEC, Vizeum and ZenithOptimedia.
Saatchi & Saatchi handles the creative business for General Mills in the UK. Last year, TBWA\London parted company with the General Mills-owned Häagen-Dazs after an eight-year relationship. The account moved to Saatchis.
Andy Jones, the chief executive of UM London, said: "We look forward to working with Yoplait UK and applying our extensive experience in the FMCG sector."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films