Yoplait awards £8.4m account to UM London
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 November 2011 11:10AM
UM London has won the £8.4 million media account for the dairy brand Yoplait.
The account moves from John Ayling & Associates and follows the acquisition of a significant stake in Yoplait, and its worldwide brands, by the UM London client General Mills. The company was previously wholly owned by the French dairy co-operative Sodiaal and PAI Partners.
Yoplait produces brands including Petits Filous, Frubes and Perle de Lait.
In May, UM London retained its nine-year hold on the £15 million UK media planning and buying account for General Mills after a pan-European pitch run by Ebiquity. Other shops in the process included MEC, Vizeum and ZenithOptimedia.
Saatchi & Saatchi handles the creative business for General Mills in the UK. Last year, TBWA\London parted company with the General Mills-owned Häagen-Dazs after an eight-year relationship. The account moved to Saatchis.
Andy Jones, the chief executive of UM London, said: "We look forward to working with Yoplait UK and applying our extensive experience in the FMCG sector."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Creative Technologist Sky negotiable, West London
- Affiliate Executive - Retail Client - Leading Global Media Agen Ultimate Asset £18000 - £20000 per annum, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth