Yoplait awards £8.4m account to UM London
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 November 2011 11:10AM
UM London has won the £8.4 million media account for the dairy brand Yoplait.
The account moves from John Ayling & Associates and follows the acquisition of a significant stake in Yoplait, and its worldwide brands, by the UM London client General Mills. The company was previously wholly owned by the French dairy co-operative Sodiaal and PAI Partners.
Yoplait produces brands including Petits Filous, Frubes and Perle de Lait.
In May, UM London retained its nine-year hold on the £15 million UK media planning and buying account for General Mills after a pan-European pitch run by Ebiquity. Other shops in the process included MEC, Vizeum and ZenithOptimedia.
Saatchi & Saatchi handles the creative business for General Mills in the UK. Last year, TBWA\London parted company with the General Mills-owned Häagen-Dazs after an eight-year relationship. The account moved to Saatchis.
Andy Jones, the chief executive of UM London, said: "We look forward to working with Yoplait UK and applying our extensive experience in the FMCG sector."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Executive - Creative Agency EC1 £25-30k Twist Recruitment £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Great Benefits, West End
- Senior Campaign Manager Direct Recruitment £50,000, West London
- Senior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £21000 - £24000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Brand Manager - Innovation and Communications Online Resourcing £competitive; excellent benefits, Gatwick, West Sussex
Agency: Adam & Eve