Big Brother boosts C5 audience votes
Channel 5 has revealed that close to two million votes were cast during 'Big Brother' and 'Celebrity Big Brother'.
Some 1.5 million votes were cast during nine weeks of 'Big Brother ', 47% of which were through the 'Big Brother' Facebook app.
Channel 5 received around 500,000 votes for 'Celebrity Big Brother' through its telephone services.
'Big Brother' contributed to a 25% boost in Channel 5's evening audience while it was on air.
Nick Bampton, the commercial sales director at Channel 5, said: "We took a risk in changing the voting mechanism. Integrating Facebook is a UK first and we're pleased it has generated a substantial uplift in votes cast."
Channel 5 secured a number of deals around 'Big Brother': the sponsor was the skincare brand Freederm, Domino's Pizza created an eviction-night pizza and Touchstone Pictures held the world premiere of 'Paranormal Activity 3' in the house.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Production Manager/ Production Director Premier Media £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Mid-Senior Planner | £50-70K Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London
- Mid Weight PM needed for Liverpool Street agency £32k Digital Gurus £32000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Brand Manager - Sports Direct Magazine Haymarket Media Group £26k - £28k, Teddington, Middlesex