Big Brother boosts C5 audience votes
Channel 5 has revealed that close to two million votes were cast during 'Big Brother' and 'Celebrity Big Brother'.
Some 1.5 million votes were cast during nine weeks of 'Big Brother ', 47% of which were through the 'Big Brother' Facebook app.
Channel 5 received around 500,000 votes for 'Celebrity Big Brother' through its telephone services.
'Big Brother' contributed to a 25% boost in Channel 5's evening audience while it was on air.
Nick Bampton, the commercial sales director at Channel 5, said: "We took a risk in changing the voting mechanism. Integrating Facebook is a UK first and we're pleased it has generated a substantial uplift in votes cast."
Channel 5 secured a number of deals around 'Big Brother': the sponsor was the skincare brand Freederm, Domino's Pizza created an eviction-night pizza and Touchstone Pictures held the world premiere of 'Paranormal Activity 3' in the house.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Channel Marketing Manager Ninesharp £130 - £150 per day, Egham
- Mid-Senior Graphic Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, Egham
- Senior Digital Analyst Direct Recruitment £55,000 +, London
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £65,000 + Bens, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office