Big Brother boosts C5 audience votes
Channel 5 has revealed that close to two million votes were cast during 'Big Brother' and 'Celebrity Big Brother'.
Some 1.5 million votes were cast during nine weeks of 'Big Brother ', 47% of which were through the 'Big Brother' Facebook app.
Channel 5 received around 500,000 votes for 'Celebrity Big Brother' through its telephone services.
'Big Brother' contributed to a 25% boost in Channel 5's evening audience while it was on air.
Nick Bampton, the commercial sales director at Channel 5, said: "We took a risk in changing the voting mechanism. Integrating Facebook is a UK first and we're pleased it has generated a substantial uplift in votes cast."
Channel 5 secured a number of deals around 'Big Brother': the sponsor was the skincare brand Freederm, Domino's Pizza created an eviction-night pizza and Touchstone Pictures held the world premiere of 'Paranormal Activity 3' in the house.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Middleweight Designer Dahling Ltd circa £35K + benefits, Central London
- Client Facing Project Manager Twist Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Midweight- senior Digital Project Manager Twist Recruitment £35000 - £55000 per annum + bonus, City of London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k (freelance & perm) Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers