McDonald's opts for a pedal-powered festive push
McDonald's is unleashing a horde of Santas on bicycles in a Christmas TV ad promoting its new festive menu.
The campaign was created by Leo Burnett and breaks today (29 November).
The Santas cycle around on their festively decorated bikes, ringing the bells to the tune of 'Jingle Bells'. Their destination – a McDonald’s restaurant.
The campaign was created by Ed Morris and Andy Drugan. The creative directors were Tony Malcolm and Guy Moore, and the executive creative director was Justin Tindall.
Andy McLeod at Rattling Stick directed the spot, which is also supported by outdoor and press. OMD handled the media planning and buying.
Last month, the fast-food giant launched a musical-themed TV ad that portrayed its key menu items as "iconic favourites" in the UK.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency