Daisley quits Google for Twitter sales role
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 December 2011 08:20AM
Google's Bruce Daisley has been poached by Twitter to become its first UK commercial director.
Daisley will be responsible for creating an advertising business for Twitter in the UK, encouraging brands to use the microblogging platform and building a sales team.
He has worked at Google for the past three years, joining the business as the head of display before becoming the director of YouTube and display at Google UK.
During his time at YouTube, he was responsible for rolling out its pioneering "skippable" ad format.
Before Google, Daisley worked at Emap for more than ten years, most recently as the digital sales director.
He joins Twitter in January and will report to Tony Wang, the general manager for Twitter UK, who relocated from the business in San Francisco to set up the UK office in May.
Twitter rolled out its first UK-targeted ad products in September.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- New Product Development Assistant Ball & Hoolahan £competitive salary and Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Strategic Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000-£60,000 + Benefits , Southampton, Hampshire
- Art Director - Integrated Marketing Agency - West London - £40k - NP198 Stonor £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager, FMCG, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £48000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Richmond upon Thames
- Online Analytics Manager, Telecoms, Slough Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £65000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Slough