Hooper Galton to merge with VCCP
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 December 2011 10:35AM
VCCP Partnership is acquiring the integrated agency Hooper Galton for an undisclosed sum, and is merging the company into its main agency.
Hooper Galton's founding partner Martin Galton will join VCCP as a creative director, while its managing director, Oliver Lewis-Barclay, will move across as a business director.
The acquisition is VCCP's first and follows news from its parent, Chime Communications, that operating profit at its advertising division rose 33 per cent in the first half of 2011.
Hooper Galton was launched in 1999 by the Bartle Bogle Hegarty executives Galton, Lewis-Barclay and Steve Hooper. Hooper left the agency in 2003.
Since then, Hooper Galton has handled campaigns for brands such as House of Fraser, Nando's, National Express, Bertolli and the Discovery Channel, and currently has a client list that includes Jobsite, Just Eat and Warner Leisure Hotels.
Lewis-Barclay said: "We've had great success and a huge amount of fun over the years as a smaller, independent creative agency. However, this economic climate has made it tougher for us to expand our offer as fast as we would like. Joining forces with VCCP right now is ideal."
Adrian Coleman, a founding partner of VCCP, added: "We have been looking to make an acquisition of this kind for a while now.
"We have long been admirers of Hooper Galton's excellent creative work and its culture, so we are delighted to have done a deal with Martin and Oliver, two very talented guys, with genuine entrepreneurial experience."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Creative Project Assistant become £20K-£24K, London
- Senior Designer become £40-45K, London
- Designer (Packaging, Brochure, POS, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business