Silentnight awards creative account to BJL
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 December 2011 10:40AM
The Manchester-based agency BJL has won the advertising account for Silentnight, the UK bed manufacturer.
It landed the business after a pitch, which was called last month and involved a number of London and regional shops.
BJL will now develop a fresh positioning and relaunch strategy to reinvigorate the Silentnight brand.
An initial campaign is expected to launch next year, working across a number of media channels.
Adrian Fawcett, the chairman of Silentnight, said: "We loved the BJL team's way of thinking and strong campaignable thought. We look forward to working with this agency to see how its ideas come to life."
For the past few years, Silentnight has worked with creative agencies on a project basis only. Its last retained shop was Leith London, but that relationship ended around four years ago.
Carat Edinburgh, formerly Feather Brooksbank, handles Silentnight's media planning and buying account.
Silentnight's best-known advertising campaigns were created by TBWA in the 80s and 90s, featuring the brand's long-running hippo and duck characters.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014