Silentnight awards creative account to BJL
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 December 2011 10:40AM
The Manchester-based agency BJL has won the advertising account for Silentnight, the UK bed manufacturer.
It landed the business after a pitch, which was called last month and involved a number of London and regional shops.
BJL will now develop a fresh positioning and relaunch strategy to reinvigorate the Silentnight brand.
An initial campaign is expected to launch next year, working across a number of media channels.
Adrian Fawcett, the chairman of Silentnight, said: "We loved the BJL team's way of thinking and strong campaignable thought. We look forward to working with this agency to see how its ideas come to life."
For the past few years, Silentnight has worked with creative agencies on a project basis only. Its last retained shop was Leith London, but that relationship ended around four years ago.
Carat Edinburgh, formerly Feather Brooksbank, handles Silentnight's media planning and buying account.
Silentnight's best-known advertising campaigns were created by TBWA in the 80s and 90s, featuring the brand's long-running hippo and duck characters.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%