Silentnight awards creative account to BJL
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 December 2011 10:40AM
The Manchester-based agency BJL has won the advertising account for Silentnight, the UK bed manufacturer.
It landed the business after a pitch, which was called last month and involved a number of London and regional shops.
BJL will now develop a fresh positioning and relaunch strategy to reinvigorate the Silentnight brand.
An initial campaign is expected to launch next year, working across a number of media channels.
Adrian Fawcett, the chairman of Silentnight, said: "We loved the BJL team's way of thinking and strong campaignable thought. We look forward to working with this agency to see how its ideas come to life."
For the past few years, Silentnight has worked with creative agencies on a project basis only. Its last retained shop was Leith London, but that relationship ended around four years ago.
Carat Edinburgh, formerly Feather Brooksbank, handles Silentnight's media planning and buying account.
Silentnight's best-known advertising campaigns were created by TBWA in the 80s and 90s, featuring the brand's long-running hippo and duck characters.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director / Senior Account Manager (d.o.e) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Digital Designer Creative Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Studio Manager Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Watford
- Communications Manager - Contract - Leeds Ninesharp £140 - £150 per day, Leeds
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'