campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 December 2011 08:00AM
Agencies are being whisked off to Miami and Dubai this week for the Carnival Cruises and Etihad Airways pitches.
The next in the long line of cruise ship pitches is due to take place later this month. With P&O and Royal Caribbean having already reviewed their advertising this year, Carnival Cruises is holding pitches for its ad account as it looks to expand in the UK market. The company has shortlisted Karmarama, M&C Saatchi and Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R. The New York-based intermediary Ark Advisors is handling the process, which involves a pitch in Miami.
Agencies flew to Dubai last week to pitch for Etihad Airways' £100 million global creative account. Among them were Saatchi & Saatchi, M&C Saatchi, Beattie McGuinness Bungay and Leo Burnett. The result is expected to be swift. The United Arab Emirates airline is concurrently running a global media review.
If you work at one of the agencies gearing up to pitch for the Land Securities brief, then you might want to look away now. Word is that the pitches are due to take place in early January, meaning you may see a bit more of your office over the Christmas period than you'd have liked.
The £23 million Wickes media review no longer has MEC's name on it after the incumbent pulled out, ending a ten-year relationship with the home improvement retailer. Final pitches were held this week between Walker Media and Carat - one of the two agencies will find out if they have, erm, nailed it before Christmas.
Meanwhile, the Suzuki creative and media pitch splutters along - successful agencies that managed to beguile the client at the chemistry meetings have been invited back in January.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- POS Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 - £28000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- Marketing & Communications Manager Stopgap £32000 per annum, London
- Mobile & Apps Manager Stopgap Competitive Day Rate, South East England
- Online Content Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum, South East England
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel