campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 December 2011 08:00AM
Agencies are being whisked off to Miami and Dubai this week for the Carnival Cruises and Etihad Airways pitches.
The next in the long line of cruise ship pitches is due to take place later this month. With P&O and Royal Caribbean having already reviewed their advertising this year, Carnival Cruises is holding pitches for its ad account as it looks to expand in the UK market. The company has shortlisted Karmarama, M&C Saatchi and Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R. The New York-based intermediary Ark Advisors is handling the process, which involves a pitch in Miami.
Agencies flew to Dubai last week to pitch for Etihad Airways' £100 million global creative account. Among them were Saatchi & Saatchi, M&C Saatchi, Beattie McGuinness Bungay and Leo Burnett. The result is expected to be swift. The United Arab Emirates airline is concurrently running a global media review.
If you work at one of the agencies gearing up to pitch for the Land Securities brief, then you might want to look away now. Word is that the pitches are due to take place in early January, meaning you may see a bit more of your office over the Christmas period than you'd have liked.
The £23 million Wickes media review no longer has MEC's name on it after the incumbent pulled out, ending a ten-year relationship with the home improvement retailer. Final pitches were held this week between Walker Media and Carat - one of the two agencies will find out if they have, erm, nailed it before Christmas.
Meanwhile, the Suzuki creative and media pitch splutters along - successful agencies that managed to beguile the client at the chemistry meetings have been invited back in January.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall