Brand Advocate wins Hendrick's Gin global digital and CRM account
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 07 December 2011 12:43PM
William Grant & Sons, the distiller, has appointed Brand Advocate as its global digital and CRM agency of record for its Hendrick's Gin brand.
The digital agency won the business after a four-way pitch against undisclosed agencies, which was called in June this year.
The company does not currently have a retained agency on the account, instead working on a project-by-project basis.
Brand Advocate has been tasked to develop the gin brand's customer relationship marketing strategy, working across all digital platforms, from point of sale to events, social mobile and online.
Until now, Hendrick's Gin's marketing activity has been largely experiential.
In January, the brand kicked off an "adventure-themed" marketing campaign, giving consumers the opportunity have afternoon tea with "a legend of adventure", such as Sir Chay Blyth, the round-the-world yachtsman.
LBi has undertaken digital work for the brand in the past, and, earlier this year, launched a social CRM campaign, developing a ‘Hendrick’s Curiositorium’ site to brand drive loyalty among premium gin drinkers.
LBi is understood not to have pitched for the business.
Hendrick’s Gin's current brand positioning is "a gin made oddly", with the juniper-flavoured drink being distilled in Scotland and manufactured in a dark-brown apothecary-style bottle.
Other William Grant & Sons brands include Glenfiddich and Grants.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- account manager Twist Recruitment £25000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Media Manager - Client side PFJ £45000 - £55000 per annum + Car allowance, London
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Middleweight Designer Dahling Ltd circa £35K + benefits, Central London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers