Virgin launches ad review for new water brand
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 December 2011 08:00AM
Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group is looking for an agency to handle advertising for a new water venture that it plans to launch next year.
The move follows Virgin’s deal with the water giant Strauss Group, which was officially agreed last month.
Under the deal, Virgin will provide customers with purified water using Strauss’ green technology.
The Virgin-Strauss Water venture will market, sell and service water products including home water dispensers and office water-coolers.
Virgin met with agencies this week regarding the advertising activity to support the launch of the new brand, and is looking to have an agency in place by the beginning of next year.
The new brand will roll out in the UK in 2012, with plans to expand into additional European countries at a later date.
Strauss Group will own 58 per cent of the venture, while Virgin will own 42 per cent.
A number of agencies already work with brands across the Virgin Group, including Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, which handles Virgin Atlantic; Elvis, which oversees Virgin Trains; and Bartle Bogle Hegarty, which recently won the Virgin Media advertising account.
Strauss Water, which initially launched in the UK in 2004, has a strong presence in China and Eastern Europe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Performance Director Norton Leigh + Benefits, Central London
- Senior Digital Designer - West London Nakama £40 000 + Benefits, West London
- Research Manager Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Midweight/Senior Digital Designer Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 Per Annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'