BT Business kicks off creative overhaul
BT Business has called a review of its ad business.
The former incumbent, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, won the account in 2006, when the billings on the business were £17 million.
However the review, which will be handled through the AAR, has been called after the shop was forced to resign the business after being appointed to the £47 million Vodafone account in August.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, which handles BT’s consumer advertising business, is unaffected by the BT Business review.
The bulk of the advertising activity is likely to focus on the UK, with elements of international work to target BT’s overseas business customers.
RKCR/Y&R has created campaigns for BT Business including a humorous spot in 2009 that featured the celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay trying to fix his restaurant’s IT services, leaving the restaurant in total chaos. The strapline read: "Do what you do best."
BT Business later replaced Ramsay with the Dragons’ Den business tycoon Peter Jones as the face of its advertising on TV.
BT Business, part of BT’s Retail division, was launched to provide a range of services to the UK’s small and medium-sized businesses, with fixed-line, mobile and broadband telecoms and IT solutions and services.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £45000 - £350000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trade Marketer Veritas Partnership Ltd £30-35,000 + car/ar allowance + bonus + benefits, South East England / South West England
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £40000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Director Twist Recruitment £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films