Grey London wins Greene King ad business
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 December 2011 11:00AM
Greene King, the brewer that owns brands including Old Speckled Hen and Greene King IPA, has appointed Grey London to its advertising account.
Grey won the business after a pitch, which kicked off in September, handled by ISBA.
The company, which also owns the Abbot Ale and Ruddles County brands, appointed Dare to the advertising account for Old Speckled Hen in March 2009. Dare did not repitch for the business.
In July, the brewer, which also runs one of the UK's largest estates of pubs and hotels, launched a series of idents to support Old Speckled Hen on the digital channel Dave.
Greene King, which has been based in Suffolk since 1799, launched the review at a tough time for the beer and pub trade.
In a trading update in September, Greene King warned of an "uncertain" outlook despite an increase of 1.8 per cent in volume sales of its brands in the 18 weeks to 4 September.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency