Grey London wins Greene King ad business
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 December 2011 11:00AM
Greene King, the brewer that owns brands including Old Speckled Hen and Greene King IPA, has appointed Grey London to its advertising account.
Grey won the business after a pitch, which kicked off in September, handled by ISBA.
The company, which also owns the Abbot Ale and Ruddles County brands, appointed Dare to the advertising account for Old Speckled Hen in March 2009. Dare did not repitch for the business.
In July, the brewer, which also runs one of the UK's largest estates of pubs and hotels, launched a series of idents to support Old Speckled Hen on the digital channel Dave.
Greene King, which has been based in Suffolk since 1799, launched the review at a tough time for the beer and pub trade.
In a trading update in September, Greene King warned of an "uncertain" outlook despite an increase of 1.8 per cent in volume sales of its brands in the 18 weeks to 4 September.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014