Grey London wins Greene King ad business
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 December 2011 11:00AM
Greene King, the brewer that owns brands including Old Speckled Hen and Greene King IPA, has appointed Grey London to its advertising account.
Grey won the business after a pitch, which kicked off in September, handled by ISBA.
The company, which also owns the Abbot Ale and Ruddles County brands, appointed Dare to the advertising account for Old Speckled Hen in March 2009. Dare did not repitch for the business.
In July, the brewer, which also runs one of the UK's largest estates of pubs and hotels, launched a series of idents to support Old Speckled Hen on the digital channel Dave.
Greene King, which has been based in Suffolk since 1799, launched the review at a tough time for the beer and pub trade.
In a trading update in September, Greene King warned of an "uncertain" outlook despite an increase of 1.8 per cent in volume sales of its brands in the 18 weeks to 4 September.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- General Manager - Integrated Advertising Agency - Dubai MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- MIDWEIGHT DESIGNER - award winning global agency! Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager, Clientside Hasson Associates £50,000 - £55,000, Central London
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Spectrum 360 Recruitment £30k - £40k, London, Soho
- Copywriter (fixed term contract) become £35-45, London
- ITV confirms major shake-up of Daybreak
- Man Utd teams with Google for pitch-side digital competition
- Campaign Viral Chart: Edeka's 'supergeil' ad leads viral hat-trick for German retailer
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- EE launches viral homage Gold Spot campaign
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'