campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 December 2011 12:00AM
The Lastminute.com pitches have been taking place this week, with Adam & Eve, DLKW Lowe, Leo Burnett and Mother thought to be doing battle for the business after the online travel retailer called a review of its pan-European advertising account in October.
Schweppes, the Coca-Cola-owned mixer brand, held pitches for its advertising account this week. The competing agencies, Adam & Eve, Wieden & Kennedy and WCRS, are hoping for a swift result. They may find out next week, which will be a good excuse to line up the gin and tonics.
By the end of this week, agencies should know whether they've made it on to the longlist for the Macmillan Cancer Support advertising pitch. And with a number of London's top agencies returning the requests for information last week, it seems like the charity has some tough decisions to make.
As one energy company makes an appointment, another kicks off a review. With E.ON's direct marketing business now residing with EHS 4D, rival EDF Energy has commenced its pitch process, although don't expect a result until the New Year.
The Royal Mail and Post Office media pitches that were originally scheduled for this month have now been deferred to January while the client finalises the shortlist. OMD, the incumbent on both the businesses, is praying it will make the list, while Mindshare and UM London among others are vying for either, if not both, of the chunks.
MEC, Vizeum and Manning Gottlieb OMD have completed presentations to the William Hill client, who is expected to make a decision next week.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London