War of the Words: Highlights and interviews with the winners
Campaign's debut War of the Words event gave advertising's next generation the chance to pitch their ideas about the future of the industry - watch our video report for highlights and interviews with the winners.
Last Thursday's event was a competition for peple under 30 years of age, with an audience vote and a judging panel of CHI's Johnny Hornby, David Hackworthy, founder of The Red Brick Road and Nikki Crumpton, the chief strategy officer of McCann WorldGroup.
This years winning speakers were Nicola Davies from Cake, AMV BBDO's Benedict Pringle, BMB India's Ashish Pathak and Global Radio's Oliver Deane who won the Planning, Creativity, Brand and Media sessions, respectively.
The overall winner of the day was recent graduate Tony Jiang, who also won The Huffington Post UK's open mic section.
Jiang, who wants to develop a career as a planner, impressed the judging panel and the audience with his argument that advertising focused too much on creating awareness when turning consumers into brand evangelists was a realistic goal.
His three minute presentation - based around his fondness for the film 'Fight Club' and movie storytelling - won the public vote and secured him a trip to New York for two.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Propel £30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Web Designer Propel £28000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Milton Keynes
- Digital Project Manager Propel £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films