Hornby brings out first TV ad in three years
Hornby, the model railway brand, is making a play for Christmas with its first TV ad in three years, showing a man growing up with its train sets.
The heart-warming ad, "Hornby generations", launched on Friday and focuses on the generations of children that have enjoyed playing with a Hornby train set.
The 30-second spot starts in black and white, before showing one man growing up using a Hornby train set as a young boy, through to becoming a grandfather. The strapline reads: "A passion for every generation and the next".
The ad was created by Sassy Films, with media planning and buying by Arena Media. Steve Kemsley was the creative and art director on the ad.
Kicking off with a burst of activity on Sky Sports 1, 2 and 3, and ESPN, the ad will air during key English and Scottish Premier League matches, as well as games from Spain's La Liga.
From Thursday (15 December), the ad will also be shown at digital cinemas and independent film houses across mainland Britain during the Pearl & Dean segment just before this year's Christmas blockbusters, including 'Hugo', 'Happy Feet 2', 'Puss In Boots' and 'Alvin & The Chipmunks'.
Nat Southworth, marketing director at Hornby Hobbies, commented: "This campaign is the beginning for Hornby. We focus on the generational love for Hornby trains and our proud history. The closing frame focuses on our future."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Production Manager/ Production Director Premier Media £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Mid-Senior Planner | £50-70K Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London
- Mid Weight PM needed for Liverpool Street agency £32k Digital Gurus £32000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Brand Manager - Sports Direct Magazine Haymarket Media Group £26k - £28k, Teddington, Middlesex