PHD wins Hyatt global digital media
Hotel group Hyatt has appointed PHD to handle its digital media planning and buying globally after a pitch.
The pitch included a mix of large holding company brands, as well as independent online marketing companies.
Hyatt currently handles most of its international digital marketing from its Chicago headquarters, but decided to decentralise and consolidate duties in one agency. PHD was already the digital agency of record in North America.
The scope of work will include SEM, SEO, social and display, and the account will be led out of the USA with a focus on key markets, particularly in Asia.
In 2010, there were 17 Hyatt properties in China, more than in any other country outside the US. This year, Hyatt opened four more properties and have another nine scheduled for 2012.
Hyatt also announced plans in May to build 30 hotels in India over the next five years.
PHD's ability to provide a global infrastructure with local relevance and local, direct support was a factor in the agency’s appointment.
Mike Cooper, global CEO of PHD, said: "PHD has enjoyed a successful partnership with Hyatt since being appointed agency of record in North America in 2008. We're delighted to be growing this relationship on a global scale, thanks to our localised expertise across key markets. It's testament to PHD's search and social capabilities."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014