Ogilvy & Mather wins £300m global Philips business
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 13 December 2011 12:00PM
Philips, the electronics giant, has appointed Ogilvy & Mather as the lead creative agency on its £300 million global advertising account.
The agency picked up the business following a final shootout against TBWA. DDB, the previous incumbent on the account, was eliminated at an earlier stage.
O&M, which ran the pitch out of its London office with contributions from international partners, will now be responsible for overseeing all strategic and creative integrated communications for Philips across the globe. The work will put a strong emphasis on innovation and digital activity.
DDB had been the incumbent on Philips' creative account since 2001, during which time it had created a number of award-winning campaigns.
This included the "carousel" and "parallel lines" online films, which won Cannes Grand Prix in 2009 and 2010 respectively.
More recently, the network oversaw Philips’ "obsessed with sound" campaign, which was fronted by Liam Gallagher and aimed to promote the brand’s audio range.
Earlier this year, Philips also ran a separate review of its media planning and buying account. The business was eventually split between Carat and MPG Media Contacts.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Consultant - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £60k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (West), London (Greater) / Twickenham, Lo...
- Associate Director - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £85k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Quantitative Research Manager Trace £32k to £40k, South East England / Berkshire / Maidenhead, Berkshire / Windsor, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films