WPP invests in Singaporean digital marketing agency Qais
WPP's global digital marketing agency VML has acquired a majority stake in Qais Consulting, the Singapore-based digital marketing agency, for an undisclosed sum.
Qais' clients include Sony Electronics, Hilton Hotels, Tata Motors and Sony Pictures. It will join forces with VML, rebrand as VML Qais and operate as part of Y&R Asia.
Qais' 31 strong-hold team with also join US-based digital agency, whose clients include Colgate-Palmolive, Dell, English Premier League, Gatorade and Kellogg.
The Singapore-based agency with a presence in India was founded in 2005. It offers digital and marketing strategy, user experience, technology development, research and analytics, mobile and channel management, social media, search marketing, online advertising, and media management services.
The agency's revenues for the year ended 31 December 2010 was $4m.
WPP's investment in Qais is part of its strategy of developing its networks in fast growing markets and strengthening its capabilities in digital media.
Last month WPP invested further in Chinese in-game advertising company InGameAd (IGA) for an undisclosed sum.
WPP's businesses in the Asia Pacific region generate revenues of more than $4bn and employs approximately 42,000 people.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account