TBWA\London resigns £25m Muller ad account
TBWA\London has resigned its £25m Muller Dairy advertising account following creative differences.
The agency is parting ways with Muller following the yoghurt-makers decision to return to a more conventional form of advertising, moving away from the agency's more radical strategy to engage new audiences.
TBWA\London launched Müller's £20m advertising campaign, 'Wunderful stuff', it's biggest ever, in October, which included cartoon characters from the 80s such as Yogi Bear and Mutley dancing in a street.
The agency will continue to work with Muller until a replacement agency is found.
Müller's marketing director Lee Rolston left the company last month after holding the role for just over a year. His departure was part of cuts to senior management and a shake-up of its UK business, which also saw the exit of the company's UK chief executive, Gharry Eccles.
In February Muller consolidated its advertising account into TBWA\London after a winner-takes-all pitch involving its other roster agency VCCP.
The agency has worked with Muller since 2004 after winning the UK account from Publicis.
Robert Harwood-Matthews, president at TBWA UK, said: "We had some brave clients and we all know we did something wunderful, no regrets."
Muller was unavailable for comment at the time of publishing.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014