McDonald's targets coffee drinkers
McDonald's is taking on coffee chains with a TV ad that focuses on the conversations people have while enjoying its hot beverages.
The ad, created by Leo Burnett, will launch today (9 January). It features snippets of conversations taking place over coffees at McDonald's. The emotions of the various characters are reflected in the ways they interact with their cups of coffee.
A radio ad features dialogues from different people all over the country, initiating conversations that are best had over a McDonald’s coffee.
Print ads created by Ed Tillbrook and Richard Ince will support the radio and TV ads, which were created by Rob Tenconi and Mark Franklin.
The creative director was Adam Tucker and the executive creative director was Justin Tindall.
Peter Cattaneo at Academy directed the TV commercial, while the print campaign was photographed by James Day. OMD UK handled the media planning and buying.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency