Cannes Lions names Ogilvy's Khai as Film and Press jury president
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity has named Ogilvy & Mather's worldwide chief creative officer, Tham Khai Meng, as jury president for the Film and Press categories this year..
Khai will oversee the jury for the two categories at the 2012 festival, which takes place between 17 June and 23 June.
Last year, Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam won the Grand Prix in the film category for its 'Write The Future' campaign for Nike. JWT Shanghai picked up the Grand Prix for its 'Heaven & Hell' campaign for luggage brand Samsonite in the press category, which was chaired by Tony Granger, the chief creative officer of Y&R.
Khai joined Ogilvy & Mather in 2000 as regional creative director and co-chairman of its Asia Pacific network. In 2009, he moved to New York to become the agency's worldwide chief creative officer and chairman of the Worldwide Creative Council.
Khai has chaired at Cannes before, in the Press and Outdoor Lions category in 2003, the Press Lions category in 2007, and the Titanium and Integrated Lions category in 2010.
Khai said: "Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity is the pre-eminent standard bearer for creative distinction in our industry. Our role is not only to champion industry ideals, but to celebrate the brave ones who have deployed the highest creativity in the service of business."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SR DESIGNER Red Sofa London £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Junior Web Developer Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £22k + benefits, Colchester
- Social Media Account Manager Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £40k + benefits, Colchester
- Digital Project Manager AF Selection £30,000 - £35,000, West Midlands