AMV BBDO tops Big Won 2011 creative awards rankings
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 11 January 2012 12:30PM
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO was the most-awarded UK agency and BBDO the most-awarded network of 2011, according to The Directory Big Won Creativity Rankings.
AMV was ranked as the top UK agency for total creativity and the sixth most-awarded agency in the world.
The global awards ranking scheme compiles 4,048 campaign created by 1,302 agencies.
AMV's ‘Who Killed Deon?’ work for the Metropolitan Police was the most-awarded TV campaign in the world and in the UK, and topped the UK digital campaign rankings.
The world's most-awarded agency was BBDO New York, pushing Almap BBDO Sao Paolo into second place, while the most-awarded campaign was a print ad, 'Heaven and Hell' for Samsonite by JWT Shanghai.
DDB London was the second highest-ranked UK agency for overall creativity and also the highest-ranked agency in digital and fifth in direct, in addition to its customary strength in TV and press.
The direct category was headed by Proximity London.
|Top 5 UK agencies|
|5||Wieden + Kennedy London|
|Top 5 agencies in the world|
|1||BBDO New York|
|2||AlmapBBDO Sao Paolo|
|4||Jung von Matt Hamburg|
|5||Colenso BBDO Auckland|
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Director- branding & creative communications agency Gabriele Skelton £50000 - £70000 per annum, London
- PR Officer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Continuous Insight Manager - FMCG Company NG Digital Marketing up to £60k + car + bonus + benefits, Greater London
- Digital Content Executive, RETAIL Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £26000 per annum, Benefits: Amazing benefits package, London
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push