Tourism Ireland calls up Snow Patrol for ad campaign
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 11 January 2012 11:21AM
Tourism Ireland has launched a global advertising campaign with the tagline 'Jump into Ireland', to highlight the warmth of its citizens and the country's "immersive nature".
The multi-media campaign is running across TV, radio, press, cinema and online across 22 countries.
The soundtrack to the TV ad is by Irish band Snow Patrol and is taken from the band's latest album, Fallen Empires.
Karen Buchanan, Publics London chief executive, said: "Ireland is a truly diverse country and a well-loved brand. With so much to drawn on, the task was to find a simple, compelling story for the country.
"In focusing on the uniquely immersive nature of a trip here, thanks to its welcoming people and stimulating experiences, we're confident we've found that."
Tourism Ireland will be hoping that the ad campaign will build on its social media activity from last year. Tourism Ireland now has 700,000 fans on Facebook.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- European Marketing Co-ordinator Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Rugby
- Global Head of Trading-South Africa Lipton Fleming £90000 per annum + benefits, Johannesburg
- MW ARt Director Red Sofa London £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- SEO Executive - Award Winning Digital Marketing Agency ADLIB competitive, Oxford
- Junior Marketing FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £23000 - £28000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?