Campaign Viral Chart: Vinnie Jones BHF ad comes in 'hard and fast'
Vinnie Jones' ad for the British Heart Foundation, which premiered on the web before its TV debut, is the most-shared video this week with more than 53,000 shares across Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
The ad by Grey London features the British "hardman" Jones performing CPR to the beat of 'Stayin' Alive' by The Bee Gees.
Staged CCTV footage of a thief in an electrical shop, promoting LG's "slimmest-ever TV", was the second-most-shared, with 38,578 mentions across the social web in the past seven days.
Coca-Cola has another ad in the top 10, featuring a 100-year-old man, ranking fourth and ahead of its entry last week, which is now in eighth position.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30-days ago are not included.
1. British Hearth Foundation 'hard and fast' by Grey London
53,129 shares this week
All time: 72,601 shares
2. LG 'smart thief caught on cam' by Y&R Amsterdam
38,578 shares this week
All time: 51,186 shares
3. GEICO 'Maxwell the pig returns' by The Martin Agency
31,048 shares this week
All time: 54,265 shares
4. Coca-Cola 'the secret to happiness' by McCann World Group
20,032 shares this week
All time: 32,825 shares
5. LG 'fashion industry exposed' by They Amsterdam
19,255 shares this week
All time: 59,198 shares
6. Nitro Circus 'Nitro Ciircus the movie trailer' by Red Bull Media House
18,153 shares this week
All time: 82,176 shares
7. Shamwow 'schticky' by Kaplan Thaler Group
14,847 shares this week
All time: 17,224 shares
8. Coca-Cola 'superheroes' by Ogilvy and Mather Spain
10,992 shares this week
All time: 24,336 shares
9. Google 'zeitgeist 2011' by Whirled
10,238 shares this week
All time: 542,973 shares
10. ESPN 'shake on it' by Wieden+Kennedy
6,055 shares this week
All time: 9,768 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- CONCEPTUAL DESIGNER - LONDON - £50K Salt £50000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Copywriter - Professional Services Major Players £40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Integrated Designer Creative Recruitment £170 - £200 per day, West London
- Account Manager Creative Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity