Campaign Viral Chart: Vinnie Jones BHF ad comes in 'hard and fast'
Vinnie Jones' ad for the British Heart Foundation, which premiered on the web before its TV debut, is the most-shared video this week with more than 53,000 shares across Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
The ad by Grey London features the British "hardman" Jones performing CPR to the beat of 'Stayin' Alive' by The Bee Gees.
Staged CCTV footage of a thief in an electrical shop, promoting LG's "slimmest-ever TV", was the second-most-shared, with 38,578 mentions across the social web in the past seven days.
Coca-Cola has another ad in the top 10, featuring a 100-year-old man, ranking fourth and ahead of its entry last week, which is now in eighth position.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30-days ago are not included.
1. British Hearth Foundation 'hard and fast' by Grey London
53,129 shares this week
All time: 72,601 shares
2. LG 'smart thief caught on cam' by Y&R Amsterdam
38,578 shares this week
All time: 51,186 shares
3. GEICO 'Maxwell the pig returns' by The Martin Agency
31,048 shares this week
All time: 54,265 shares
4. Coca-Cola 'the secret to happiness' by McCann World Group
20,032 shares this week
All time: 32,825 shares
5. LG 'fashion industry exposed' by They Amsterdam
19,255 shares this week
All time: 59,198 shares
6. Nitro Circus 'Nitro Ciircus the movie trailer' by Red Bull Media House
18,153 shares this week
All time: 82,176 shares
7. Shamwow 'schticky' by Kaplan Thaler Group
14,847 shares this week
All time: 17,224 shares
8. Coca-Cola 'superheroes' by Ogilvy and Mather Spain
10,992 shares this week
All time: 24,336 shares
9. Google 'zeitgeist 2011' by Whirled
10,238 shares this week
All time: 542,973 shares
10. ESPN 'shake on it' by Wieden+Kennedy
6,055 shares this week
All time: 9,768 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency