Government backs IPA challenge to find creative entrepreneurs
Ed Vaizey, minister for culture, communications and creative industries, helped launch an IPA competition to find the next creative entrepreneur at the IPA president's New Year reception last night.
The Creative Pioneers Challenge is being launched by the IPA in conjunction with the Metro newspaper to find the next Steve Jobs or Mark Zuckerberg.
The competition was announced last night at the IPA president's reception by Vaizey but entries to the challenge will not be accepted until March.
Nicola Mendelsohn, IPA president, said: "I'm pleased to announce that we are planning a nationwide hunt to find the next generation of creative pioneers.
"By joining forces with Metro, and with the support of the UK government, we may well find the next Mark Zuckerberg, Charles Saatchi or Sir Alan Sugar."
The challenge will be judged by leaders in the fields of gaming, digital technology, advertising and the creative industries.
The jury, judges and criteria are still being finalised and will be announced when the competition opens in March.
Entries to the competition will be accepted until mid-April, with the winners being announced in July.
Vaizey said: "I am delighted to lend my support to this imaginative initiative. It is essential talented people and new innovative businesses have the necessary help and support to be a success in today’s rapidly evolving digital and technological environment.
"The Creative Pioneers competition can make a real contribution to that."
Mendelsohn said: "This country thrives on creativity and making technology work for business, and bringing on budding entrepreneurs or anyone with a can do attitude through a competition like this will help us fast track the next generation and help get the economy back on its feet."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Executive - Seiko UK Ltd. Ball & Hoolahan Not Disclosed, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers