In association with
Comparethemarket.com 'tough decision' by VCCP
Campaign Work, Monday, 16 January 2012 02:09PM
Aleksandr Orlov's loyal sidekick, Sergei, almost gets fired in the latest TV ad in VCCP's Comparethemarket.com campaign.
The spot sees Orlov contemplating whether his ageing head of IT is still up for the job, prompting a tearful Sergei to fear that he’s going to be sacked.
However, rather than give him the boot, Orlov buys Sergei a new state-of-the-art laptop so he can work "all day and all night". The new execution marks a return to the meerkat’s Russian mansion, following a series of previous ads that showed Orlov and Sergei meeting the UK public.
The ad was written by Matt Lloyd and Javier Romartinez, and art directed by Stephen Misir. It was directed by Darren Walsh through Passion Pictures.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push