Publicis and WPP continue digital acquisition spree
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 18 January 2012 11:15AM
Publicis Groupe has bought French digital agency Mediagong, while WPP has acquired a third of Australian digital marketing agency DTDigital.
Publicis Groupe, which is led by chief executive Maurice Lévy, is to align Mediagong, which has clients such as Accor Hotels and Danone, with Leo Burnett France.
The 50-strong agency will retain its name and will continue to operate under the leadership of founding partners Guillame de la Brosse, David Oks and Olivier Zetlers, who will report to Jean-Paul Brunier, president of Groupe Leo Burnett France.
Disciplines Mediagong is focused on include digital, community strategy, social media, brand content, advergaming and mobile.
WPP has looked further afield in snapping up a 33.3% stake, for a sum understood to be at least seven figures, in Australian agency DTDigital, which has clients including Honda and NAB.
WPP's wholly-owned operating company Ogilvy has acquired the stake in the agency, which employs more than 110 people in its Melbourne headquarters and at its Sydney and Brisbane offices.
Yesterday (17 January),WPP announced its research arm Kantar had struck an agreement to buy CIC, a social media research and consulting agency in China, subject to regulatory approval.
Last week, Kantar agreed to buy a majority stake in Oasis Insights, an insight and consultancy business based in Karachi, Pakistan.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business