H&M features Beckham in debut Super Bowl TV ad
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 18 January 2012 01:22PM
H&M, the Swedish retail brand, is to broadcast is first Super Bowl TV ad, which will showcase the retailer's new David Beckham Bodywear collection.
The David Beckham Bodywear collection will launch on February 2, in store and online, three days before the Super Bowl.
The clothes collection is made up of a range of underwear styles, including briefs, boxers, T-shirts, pyjamas and long johns.
Beckham, a global fashion icon, has previously appeared in major ad campaigns for Adidas, PepsiCo, Gillette and Sainsbury's.
The move marks a significant ramping up of H&M's advertising offer, as it is previously not known for spending heavily on TV advertising.
H&M's advertisement are all produced in-house, with the use of independent creative professionals.
The Beckham commercial will have a prime position in the second quarter of the game.
H&M has used a number of celebrities in the past including Cindy Crawford and Elle McPherson.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director - Retail to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Mid-Senior Print Designer | Contract | London Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Retail Marketing - Account Executive Barclay Meade £24000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, Reading
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition