H&M features Beckham in debut Super Bowl TV ad
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 18 January 2012 01:22PM
H&M, the Swedish retail brand, is to broadcast is first Super Bowl TV ad, which will showcase the retailer's new David Beckham Bodywear collection.
The David Beckham Bodywear collection will launch on February 2, in store and online, three days before the Super Bowl.
The clothes collection is made up of a range of underwear styles, including briefs, boxers, T-shirts, pyjamas and long johns.
Beckham, a global fashion icon, has previously appeared in major ad campaigns for Adidas, PepsiCo, Gillette and Sainsbury's.
The move marks a significant ramping up of H&M's advertising offer, as it is previously not known for spending heavily on TV advertising.
H&M's advertisement are all produced in-house, with the use of independent creative professionals.
The Beckham commercial will have a prime position in the second quarter of the game.
H&M has used a number of celebrities in the past including Cindy Crawford and Elle McPherson.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- Campaign Viral Chart: first kiss video is most-shared ad this week
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed