Bray Leino appoints Ex-DLKW creative Jon Elsom as ECD
Bray Leino, the Mission Marketing Group-owned full service agency, has appointed former Delaney Lund Knox Warren creative director Jon Elsom as its executive creative director, replacing Steve Hall.
In his new role, Elsom will provide leadership and support across the 68-strong Bray Leino creative team, which includes specialist copywriters, art directors, designers, photographers, illustrators and artworkers.
Elsom was creative director at DLKW from 2003 until 2009, during which time he was in charge of 13 creative teams working on clients such as the Central Office of Information, E.ON and Vauxhall.
Most recently, Elsom was a freelance copywriter and creative for a range of clients in south-west England and London. He left DLKW to move to Cornwall and pursue personal projects, including a novel.
Before joining DLKW-predecessor Delaney Fletcher Bozell in 1997 as senior copywriter, Elsom was a creative group head at McCann Erickson. He started his career as a copywriter at Reay Keating Hamer.
Bruce Hutton, chief executive of Bray Leino, said: "Jon has the right character, experience and most importantly, drive to help take us on the next stage of our journey.
"For a big, established business, we have a very young and hungry team, I'm extremely excited about this addition to what is now a very impressive management line-up."
Hall retired from his position as executive creative director of Bray Leino in mid-2011.
Bray Leino has clients such as Wrigley, Virgin Media, Superdry and Freederm and offices in Filleigh, Barnstaple, Bristol, London, Chester and Edinburgh.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014