Mars appoints agencies to Galaxy digital account
Mars, the FMCG giant, has awarded the digital business for its Galaxy chocolate brand jointly to AMV, MediaCom and Freud Communications, following a competitive pitch.
The agencies, which are incumbents on the Galaxy advertising, media and PR accounts respectively, clubbed together for the pitch, against undisclosed agencies.
The chocolate brand has done little in the way of digital marketing to date, although it has a sizeable following on its Facebook fan page.
Galaxy is currently supporting its on-pack promotion 'One Million Moments', on Facebook and its brand website, enabling individuals to enter a promotion code found to win a range of prizes.
The appointment comes as Mars is planning to reintroduce its classic "Why have cotton when you can have silk" strapline this year, after an 11-year hiatus.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager - Market Research - Berkshire Stonor £35-£40K, Berkshire
- eCRM MANAGER - High Street Retailer Success Digital £45000 per annum, London
- Account Director Digital Gurus £50000 per annum + double OTE, City of London
- Senior Creative Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Woburn Sands