Reality check - December 2011
By Campaign staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 January 2012 12:30PM
Bartle Bogle Hegarty pulled off a rare feat when its "pit stop" commercial for KFC topped both the recall and most-liked categories among ads aired during December.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO's work for EuroMillions headed the brand recall table, though general levels of brand and specific ad recall were lower than in previous months of the Nielsen TV Brand Effect survey – perhaps due to the pre-Christmas clutter of commercials.
Christmas ads from Coca-Cola and Argos achieved good recall scores, while Pedigree "puppy" also had an impact with viewers.
The Nielsen TV Brand Effect survey measures the percentage of viewers who can recall the storyline of an ad (or the brand featured in the case of "most-remembered advertisers") within 24 hours of seeing it. These scores are then indexed against the average score of 100. The "most-liked" is the percentage of viewers who like an ad they saw (among those recalling the brand of the ad), indexed against the 100 average score.
Source: Nielsen TV Brand Effect. Only new ads airing 1-31 December. Minimum sample= 150.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Planner - Stunning Agency - Central London - to £65k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £65k, Central London
- Planner - Superb London Agency - to £55k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k + great benefits, W1
- Planner - Integrated Agency - Central London - c£50k + Fill Recruitment Ltd £50k +, Central London
- Account Manager - Dynamic London Agency - c£30k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£30k, Central London