Legal & General appoints Inferno
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 February 2012 10:40AM
Legal & General is returning to TV after a 15-year hiatus and has hired the integrated agency Inferno to handle its estimated £10 million account.
The insurance giant appointed the agency after a three-way pitch, which was overseen initially by ISBA and then led by Legal & General's director of brand, Richard Nunn.
Inferno will be responsible for launching the company's new brand campaign, which will feature Legal & General's strapline, "every day matters", as it aims to increase brand awareness.
Legal & General, which is famed for its multi-coloured umbrella, has shied away from traditional TV advertising since the mid-90s, when JWT created its last significant brand campaign.
Since then, the insurance company has used press, direct and digital marketing to keep in touch with customers as they increasingly look online for insurance deals.
Nunn said the company's new campaign, which will run before the Olympics, will aim to engage consumers by helping them understand big life events.
The branding agency Smith & Milton created the company's "every day matters"
positioning in 2007 and will continue to work with Legal & General, as will its media agency, Arena Media.
Helen Steadman, the brand strategy manager at Legal & General, said: "Inferno will be working closely with Smith & Milton to ensure the campaign capitalises on the effective impact the brand has had throughout the business."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Lead Digital Web Designer: (Web, Rich Media, CMS, HTML, CSS) Creative Recruitment £33000 - £38000 per annum, London
- SEO Engineer - Leading Media Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- Campaign Viral Chart: first kiss video is most-shared ad this week
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed