Crayon nets Grant's global digital task
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 February 2012 10:50AM
Grant's, the William Grant & Sons-owned whisky brand, has appointed Crayon London to its global digital and social media account.
Crayon pitched against two social media-focused agencies after Grant's parted ways with its web-build agency.
The brand is looking to launch a digital push to challenge Johnnie Walker and Ballantine's, the market leaders in the standard blend Scotch whisky market.
Grant's, the third-largest brand in the market, wants to drive brand advocacy through digital platforms and social media to create "a committed community of Grant's fans".
Crayon's brief will cover the brand's current web presence at grantswhisky.com, Facebook and Twitter, and encompass the European, US and Latin American markets.
Diageo, which owns Johnnie Walker, has led the alcohol sector's adoption of social media via a multi-million-dollar advertising deal with Facebook in September last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign