Crayon nets Grant's global digital task
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 February 2012 10:50AM
Grant's, the William Grant & Sons-owned whisky brand, has appointed Crayon London to its global digital and social media account.
Crayon pitched against two social media-focused agencies after Grant's parted ways with its web-build agency.
The brand is looking to launch a digital push to challenge Johnnie Walker and Ballantine's, the market leaders in the standard blend Scotch whisky market.
Grant's, the third-largest brand in the market, wants to drive brand advocacy through digital platforms and social media to create "a committed community of Grant's fans".
Crayon's brief will cover the brand's current web presence at grantswhisky.com, Facebook and Twitter, and encompass the European, US and Latin American markets.
Diageo, which owns Johnnie Walker, has led the alcohol sector's adoption of social media via a multi-million-dollar advertising deal with Facebook in September last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London
- Data Planner Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £33,000, London
- Senior Data Planner/Analyst Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £75,000, London
- Partnerships Account Director - eCommerce Business Silverdrum to £45,000 + bonus + stock + benefits, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity