Crayon nets Grant's global digital task
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 February 2012 10:50AM
Grant's, the William Grant & Sons-owned whisky brand, has appointed Crayon London to its global digital and social media account.
Crayon pitched against two social media-focused agencies after Grant's parted ways with its web-build agency.
The brand is looking to launch a digital push to challenge Johnnie Walker and Ballantine's, the market leaders in the standard blend Scotch whisky market.
Grant's, the third-largest brand in the market, wants to drive brand advocacy through digital platforms and social media to create "a committed community of Grant's fans".
Crayon's brief will cover the brand's current web presence at grantswhisky.com, Facebook and Twitter, and encompass the European, US and Latin American markets.
Diageo, which owns Johnnie Walker, has led the alcohol sector's adoption of social media via a multi-million-dollar advertising deal with Facebook in September last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits , City of London
- Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Digital Designer 4 Innovative Charity Zebra People £22000 - £28000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, South East
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency