Campaign Viral Chart: Honda's Ferris ad is top of the class
Honda's homage to 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off', featuring Matthew Broderick, tops this week's chart with 210,709 shares, beating Finnair and five other Super Bowl ads.
Last week's most-shared ad, Volkswagen's Super Bowl teaser "bark side", falls to fourth position this week with more than 80,000 shares.
"The dog strikes back", the ad VW has created to be shown on TV during the big game on Sunday, is in fifth position.
Three further game-day ads, from Audi, Acura and H&M, have entered the lower half of the chart, each securing at least 13,000 views.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30-days ago are not included.
Due to technical issues with Twitter's API, shares from the social network have not been included in this week's count.
1. Honda 'Matthew's day off' by RPA, California
210,709 shares this week
All time: 226,494 shares
2. Finnair 'India's republic day dance' created in-house
118,401 shares this week
All time: 173,705 shares
3. Honda 'coming soon' by RPA, California
90,178 shares this week
All time: 93,148 shares
4. Volkswagen 'the bark side' by Deutsch, LA
87,078 shares this week
All time: 654,425 shares
5. Volkswagen 'the dog strikes back' by Deutsch, LA
53,210 shares this week
All time: 66,519 shares
6. Audi 'Vampire party' by Venables Bell & Partners, San Francisco
39,996 shares this week
All time: 44,161 shares
7. Acura 'transactions' by rp&, LA
31,532 shares this week
All time: 33,215 shares
8. Nike '#kobesystem' by Wieden+Kennedy
26,890 shares this week
All time: 33,028 shares
9. H&M 'David Beckham bodywear' created in-house
13,351 shares this week
All time: 15,026 shares
10. Type 'the joy of books' by Lowe Roche, Toronto
11,824 shares this week
All time: 249,636 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Front-End Web Developer The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £28000 per annum, Stockport
- Head of Acquisition Salt £70000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Exec/Account Manager - Integrated (6 months+) Stopgap £22000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager The Little Black Book Agency £23000 - £26000 per annum, Manchester
- Head of Brand Strategy for Global Brand Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £90000 - £120000 per annum + Bonus, City of London
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?