My YouTube ad of the week: Kate Stanners, Saatchi & Saatchi
Campaign YouTube, Thursday, 02 February 2012 03:58PM
Kate Stanners reviews Volkswagen
Why I like it
I have been reintroduced to Star Wars through my eight-year-old son. Star Wars Lego has been a particularly popular by-product of his obsession. He and I are the proud builders of many an X-wing, star fighter etc. And with the Death Star under our belt, and the Millennium Falcon under construction, there is no challenge too great. In fact, the only thing that comes close in my son’s affections is his dog, Rocky, an extremely mad and bad Welsh terrier.
So imagine our delight when we stumble upon The Imperial March theme from Star Wars being barked by a choir of canines. Two worlds collide to make a teaser for a forthcoming spot for Volkswagen, from those lovely people who brought us last year’s TV ad hit, "the Force". Now it might be that this has limited appeal and has been created to indulge us three, but I suspect not. Star Wars and dogs – what’s not to love?
We have to wait for the Super Bowl on 5 February for the actual ad. But, in the meantime, we have the canine choir. I love it, my son loves it and, most importantly, Rocky loves it so much that he howls along to it.
This article was first published on Campaign YouTube
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region